Monday, January 17, 2011

1.18.11

Dodds and Smith define fixation as a block that impedes someone while she or he is problem solving.

Gerber recommends throwing away previously generated ideas when the ideas do not seem to be developing successfully (when), to make way for more successful ideas (why).

My reaction to the idea of throwing away some parts of my team's project ideas is completely accepting; I can't claim that all of our ideas are good, so some of them definitely need to be disposed of.

I think Johnson's thesis of ideas being the result of several "hunches" is credible, because one person cannot think of every aspect of everything. However, that does not necessarily mean that having a group of people work together to make ideas will produce even a single good idea. Though my group has been brainstorming since before break, we have not come up with one truly sustainable idea. However, that may change soon. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment